|Available places (Annual)
|| Res. 16121 of September 30th 2015
The postgraduates of the School of Dentistry seek development and expansion of knowledge by providing a fundamental training in knowledge areas that responds to the needs of the community and environment.
Academic training of postgraduates seeks expansion of knowledge through research, aimed to develop of skills and clinical abilities that allow them to address different oral health problems that affect our population.
To train researchers with social and ethical commitment, able to solve problems in the oral health field. Able to generate knowledge of inter and multidisciplinary nature that focuses on different attention phases of the health-disease process to train competent human resources, for conducting research in a responsible and autonomous way, and to pass on advanced knowledge and high-level professional practice.
- To develop in students a deep knowledge on basic sciences and public health applied in dentistry, and autonomy to realize and guide research and academic processes that lead to knowledge construction.
- To facilitate high-level professional and scientific training through a flexible educational proposal characterized by cross-disciplinary interaction, and intellectual and critical discussion to strengthen the scientific community with a global perspective.
- To develop student capacities to manage and execute research projects, also develop capacities for communication of results that allow their application in an appropriate way in different contexts.
- To strength regional, national and global academic and scientific community, through formation of human resources with the necessary cognitive skills for critical assimilation of science, technique and technology, competent in the professional environment to make critical analysis of scientific literature and its application as evidence to solution of oral health problems.
- Consolidate the National System of Science and Technology through contribution of graduates to scientific and technological development in Colombian dental sector.