|Available places (Annual)
||Res. 14445 September 07th 2015
Educate through science, technique and technology, in optimal and comprehensive medical care of surgical patient in pre, intra and postoperative periods, at different levels of complexity. Also, interact with other health professionals in management of critical and painful patients. This is done inside an environment that facilitates human being consolidation, generate a spirit of continuous personal and collective improvement.
To train a qualified specialist for:
- Pre-surgically assess patients, optimizing who suffers aggregate diseases, thus reducing peri-operative morbi-mortality.
- Administrate anesthesia for all types of patients and in all kinds of surgeries and procedures.
- Manage intra and postoperative anesthetic complications.
- Manage pain, whether acute or chronic.
- Handle critical patients at emergency room and intensive care unit.
- To make known the theoretical foundations of anesthesia.
- Teach to evaluate intra and perioperative risks of patients who will undergo surgery.
- Teach to reduce previous risks.
- Teach to administer anesthesia in patients of all ages, with or without aggregated pathologies.
- Teach to administer anesthesia in all kinds of surgeries, optional or urgent.
- Teach to control acute pain, whether if it has a postoperative, obstetrical, pathological or traumatic origin.
- To make known management of chronic pain, whether if came from a malignant source or other syndromes.
- To acquire experience in research work.
- To acquire skills for teaching to the students of lower levels.
- To efficiently integrate equipment for trauma management units and critical patients.
- Obtain a medico-legal culture.