|Available places (Annual)
||Resolution 502 of February 01 2010.
The Academic Program of Phonoaudiology at University of Valle aims to educate students in a comprehensive way, with vocation of social service to work as competent professionals who provide reasonable, creative and cooperative solutions that contribute to improve the quality of life of people with communication disabilities , their families and the community. Furthermore, it aims to contribute to the development of a more equitable and participatory society.
- To train speech therapists with a multidimensional basis of practical/theoretical approach of the variations and disabilities of communication, so they can approach the intervention in a comprehensive way.
- To educate in democratic values for the development of citizens that promote respect for human dignity and diversity, equity, participation and the meaning of effective communication.
- To train competent professionals who propose appropriate approaches and methods in the field of communication variations and disabilities by providing reasonable, creative and cooperative solutions.
- To develop training experiences for the appropriate use of learning resources, critical assessment and self-assessment; the mother tongue, oral and written, a second language, media and information systems; tools and social skills for coexistence, group work and assertiveness.
- Develop management skills: planning, implementation and evaluation of quality services.