|Available places (Annual)
||Minimum 8, Maximum 12
||Res. 14586 of October 16th 2013
The Mission of the School of Nursing of the University of Valle is comprehensive training of professionals who lead nursing care for people, families and groups. With a holistic approach that promotes a sense of professional belonging, teamwork, interdisciplinarity, construction, validation and application of knowledge, self-discipline, self-knowledge, self-care, creativity and respect for others, for excellence pursuit, in order to improve quality of life and transformation of society.
- To train specialized nursing professionals, experts in comprehensive care of both healthy and sick newborns with low, medium and especially high-risk health problems, taking into account the participation of family and its sociocultural context.
- To promote applied research activity among nursing professionals responsible for care of newborn.
- To promote scientific and technological update of human nursing resource in newborn care services, both ambulatory and non-ambulatory services.
- To promote knowledge of policies, strategies and programs at institutional and community level to take care of newborn, in coordination with other disciplines and sectors.
- Promote the comprehensive development of Neonatal Nursing Specialist as a human being.