|Available places (Annual)
||Res. 6728 May 09th 2014
By the rotation ending, the resident who rotates in Intensive Care Unit must be able to:
- Make a comprehensive management of patient in critical condition.
- Acquire training in performing necessary procedures in critically ill patient.
- To be able to make a comprehensive evaluation of the patient to define priorities in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, being responsible for coordinate other consulted specialties.
- To be able to define criteria for admission and discharge of patients to an ICU.
- To understand ethical aspects of patient’s management in critical condition and the relationship with their relatives.
- To be able to recognize benefits and limitations of invasive and non-invasive monitoring of critically ill patients.
- To be able to perform procedures such as central venous catheters, pulmonary arterial catheter (Swan-Ganz),peripheral arterial catheter and urgent endotracheal intubation.
- To be able to handle mechanical ventilation.